Tuesday, November 25, 2008

errare humanum est [To err is human]

Wonderful! Brilliant! Fabulous!

Every word that describes joy can be used when talking about my weekend.

Friday: S and her family were two hours late. S's daughter, S Jr. and I had duty at four. By the time we got there, all of us were extremely tired. We still went to the celebrations at night. S Jr met some friends, one of who was H (H is very significant...).

Saturday: We were told our volunteer duty starts at 8 until 12. Obviously we assumed it was 8am. H woke up at 6:30am to give us a ride since S went to her boyfriend's hotel. H took us to Tim's first. It was so easy for me to be myself with him. It was at Tim's that he mentioned that I have soft hands.

When he dropped us to the hall, he walked me to the door since I was in heels. Upon reaching the hall we noticed there was no one there. S Jr called a few people and then we went home, hoping to get more sleep.

Saturday Night: S Jr and I were told to come in at 8pm. Wrong timing I suspect. Well, we did. H also showed up, after much pleading from S Jr. HOWEVER!...S Jr completely ignored the guy the entire time!!! So, him and I talked, and laughed like crazy. I felt completely at ease. We exchanged numbers before he left. S Jr definitely wasn't thrilled about that.

H and I texted all night and the next day we planned to go out.

Sunday: He worked all day, and I went to the celebration hall from 8am. Around 3pm my mom and I went to downtown to see the Aga drive by.

The Aga came by at around 6:20pm-ish. I met up with Munira and her and I went to her hotel since I had lost sight of my mother. From there I called H and told him I'd be another hour or so if I bused. He told me not to be stupid and he would come pick me up.

We went out for dinner to Earl's and then dessert at BP's. By then it was late and we were both getting tired, so we tried calling S and her daughter to see if they were home. Nope.

So he showed me his favorite places. The rest of the night was a blur. I remember cuddling and falling asleep on him. I defintely remember an awkward kiss. As soon as I could, I bolted from the car, remembering that this guy is S Jr's friend. This was at 2am.

A few minutes after I got inside the house, I got a text from him:

First of all I am sorry. Second S Jr and I aren't really friends. Third do you want a ride tomorrow because I don't mind helping out at the hall. Forth it's because I want to see you again. Fifth I had a good time with you. And sixth I kind of want my jacket back.


I didn't know what to make of it. I refused his offer for a ride, but the rest of the night I was worrying about his jacket and how I would get it back to him. I definitely couldn't have anyone see it since no one knew I had gone out with him.

Monday: Woke up bright and early, and was at the hall by 7:45am. Since I can't go in to detail I'll just say that it was beautiful.

We all saw H in the evening, when S asked him for a ride. He looked at me and agreed. We didn't end up going with him, thanks to S Jr and her dislike for me talking to him.

H and I planned to hand over the jacket Tuesday morning at 8am. He texted me bright and early and I met him at the door.

As soon as I opened the door he hugged me. We chatted a bit and between a few sentences we kept hugging and touching. When I got back in, S Jr's brother gave me a look and shook his head.

All of today, we've been texting.

Perhaps now would be a good time to mention that he's 21 and I'm 16. HOWEVER. According to him I'm 17 and turning 18 in five days. He wants to come down here and celebrate. Too bad I won't actually be legal.

*sigh* How do I get myself into these situations???

No comments: