Thursday, December 18, 2008

We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace

I'm only blogging because I'm bored. I've felt like writing, but never actually got around to it.

Let's update from the day of my birthday.

Well, Calgary guy stayed up until 1am-ish to wish me. We talked until that Sunday, which was when he met up with his ex-girlfriend, who wanted to get back together with him. After I questioned it some more he called her back and made sure she knew it wasn't a date. That was the last I heard from him.

Until exactly a week later.

I got told that he's been seeing a girl. He made a big deal about brown girls and not wanting to be attached for at least a year, but obviously all of that has changed. I've stopped caring. Whatever right? I can do better.

Still, what is it about the holidays which makes a person hate being single? Why have the holidays become a couples thing?

*sigh*

I'm starting to get annoyed by Bre. I feel the same things for her that I felt for H on our last weeks together. I'm sure that by the new year, Bre and I won't be friends.

And so the tradition continues.

Last day of school tomorrow. Going to Atlanta on Wednesday. Not too excited. People I'm staying with have a dog. Watch I'll freak out. Embarrass myself. I feel like shit.

I hate Christmas. I'm tired of being alone. I want a goddamn man. I want to wait for a phone call on Christmas. I want to be kissed under the mistletoe. I want a guy to hold my hand and whisper how beautiful I am.

DAMNIT.

This is why I stopped blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it that my quote "We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace" is spreading around the web. However, I would appreciate your giving attribution to me: Peggy Tabor Millin. It is copyrighted material. Use the quote, use my name.

Thanks!