Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I just had a talk with a old friend I had a thing with, and we were playing 20 questions. He asked me if I think anythings going on with us, and when I said no, he said good because he can't ever see us together. When I asked him why, he said it would hurt me. Eventually he responded by saying he doesnt find me attractive at all.

Know what's funny? I know that. I've heard it so many times, all my life. Yet every day I wake up and convince myself that I'm pretty, just so I can like myself, even a little. That fake it till you make it attitude doesn't work on looks.

I was just having a conversation with my friend, trying to get her to see that looks aren't everything, but they are, aren't they? No man walks across the room for personality. Either way, it's not like I have much of that either. I'm not attractive nor do I have an interesting personality. So what exactly do I have to offer?

Ha, and then I wonder why Calgary guy has stopped calling, and why Atlanta guy hasn't responded in over a week.

Why do some people keep fooling themselves when the truth is right in front of them? Are we honestly that afraid of reality that we're willing to live in a world of lies?

It just doesn't seem fair. There's always something wrong, too bad this time there's nothing I can do to fix it.

No comments: