Thursday, July 19, 2007

If Only.

It upsets me immensely when I need to suck up my pride and pretend like nothings wrong. When I have to act as if what was said or done did not hurt me or affect me in any way. What I fail to understand is the measures people will take to hurt others. A simple look of disgust can cause way much more harm than a verbal accusation. Yet, this fact seems to fly by people and they keep on doing it.
Has the world come to such that there is no such thing as humanity anymore. Do we not know how to control our emotions and let bygones be bygones. Sure, it's a basic human act to want to express ourselves and to lash out when we feel physically or emotionally threatened, but is it so hard to forgive those who do that? We all know that such things happen, so why not brush it off instead of wanting to get back at that person.

"So and so said this to me so I'm going to do this."

We've all been taught to act our age and not our shoe size, howevever, most times our shoe sizes seem to get the better of us. Personally, I'm glad that I have big feet. 10 appears to be a better age to act than the normal 6 or 7.

Another thing I'd like to point out: humour.
We all know how well it works as a stress-reliever, yet many fail to use it.

Alas, if all else fails, just smile and nod and accept things the way it is. Not much we can do is there? The world will not cease to exist if a few of us disagree with the status-quo. Unfortunate as that may be.

No comments: