Tuesday, September 12, 2006

9/11

I know this is a bit late but I forgot to post it until today. I've had no time to go on the comp. Sorry...

Today is the fifth anniversary of that terrible day which changed the world. I still remember that day. I was in grade 5. I was walking to class and Jessica ran up to me and screamed out "The Twin Towers just collapsed! Two planes...omg!" She, like many of us at that age, didn't understand the seriousness of the situation. I ran home that day at lunch, and found my family sitting infront of the T.V. watching the events take place. The tragedy that took away more than a thousand people and tore apart families still sticks vividly in many of our minds. Nine years old, I thought this whole thing was exciting. I watched the news every day for a week. Slowly, I forgot about it.

Now, five years later, watching the same even occuring on tv stations, I feel sad. Sad for both sides. America lost hundreds of innocent citizens that day, and the other side had to face a war. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. I guess that was the case with Afghanistan and America. I'm still not sure who started it all. "Bin Laden" wouldn't have killed millions for no reason. There's a reason for everything. Background info is the most important in making decisions and sadly we don't have that.

However, whatever the circumstances, the 9/11catastrophe that struck New York was a terrible day. Mothers and fathers lost their children, children lost their parent(s), loved ones were gone. All they were left with are bittersweet memories. And to that, I bow my head and pray for the ones who were affected personally by this disaster.

It doesn't even feel like 5 years. It feels like yesterday that it happened. The chaos...it was bizarre. Yet at the same time, so much has happened. Maybe, the coming years will become better. Perhaps the wars will lessen and we'll learn to forgive and not to fight back. Like I said before, An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha you were 8 years old in grade 5!